NHPC Limited (Formerly National Hydroelectric Power Corporation)
is an Indian Hydro Power Generation company that was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorized cs. 2000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects.The NHPC Test Pattern
given in detail as follows:
The company conducts recruitment process every year to select new candidates. It also selects candidates through GATE exam. The selection process of the company consists of 3 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
- Group Discussion
- HR cum Technical Interview
- 60 percent or above in B.Tech , Class X and XII.
- Gap of upto one year is allowed.
Pattern of Written Exam:
|Testing Areas||Number of Questions|
The total time allotted to the written exam is 180 minutes. There is 1/3rd negative marking in the exam. Although, there is no negative marking in case of Numerical Ability Section.
- Aptitude section consists of questions based on data interpretation, graphs, blood relations, statement reasoning, etc. Also, there are questions from basic mathematics like time, speed & distance, algebra, arithmetic, probability, geometry, permutation & combination, etc. Further, there are questions from the English language like grammar usage, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Technical section consists of questions from subjects of engineering.
*Overall the level of the paper is moderate to difficult. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
NHPC Preparation Links