Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) based in Bangalore, India, is one of Asia's largest aerospace companies. Under the management of the Indian Ministry of Defense, this state-owned company is mainly involved in aerospace industry, which includes manufacturing and assembling aircraft, navigation and related communication equipment, as well as operating airports. The HAL Test-pattern and Selection Procedure is as follows :
The company conducts recruitment process every year to select new candidates. The selection process of the company consists of 3 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- Above 60 percent marks in Class X and XII and 60 percent or more in B.Tech.
- No backlogs are allowed.
- Gap of upto two years is allowed with valid reasons.
Pattern of Written Exam:
|No. of questions
The total time allotted to the written exam is 180 minutes. There is ⅓ negative marking in the paper.
- General Awarenesssection consists of questions from static and dynamic G.K
- Verbal Reasoning section consists of short reading comprehension passages. They are easy to solve and answers can be easily found in the passages. The questions based on RC’s are generally synonym type. This section also consists of basic grammar usage questions like fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary, etc.
- Technical section involves questions from core subjects of Mechanical, electronic, electrical and civil engineering. This section was tough and required thorough preparation. A person whose basics are clear could easily excel in this section.
Overall the level of the paper is moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam