Microsoft Corporation (commonly known as Microsoft) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
In May 2011 and December 2016, Skype Technologies and LinkedIn were acquired by Microsoft for $8.5 million and $26.2 million respectively.
Microsoft is basically a combination of two words "microcomputer" and "software".
- Microsoft Redmond Campus, Redmond, Washington, U.S.
- Founder and Technology advisor – Bill Gates
- President – Anant Maheshwari
- Chief Executive Officer- Satya Nandella
- Chairman – John W Thompson
- The four different colored squares represent the product line and each color has been used to represent the different product's logo. The red Color is for Microsoft Office, the blue color is for Windows, Windows Live, Server SQL, Azure (including cloud), the green color is for Xbox and Xbox live and the yellow color is for bing.
Number of employees:
- Microsoft has been listed in the second most admired company by Fortune India’s Most Admired Companies 2015.
- In 2014, the company received the Indo- American Trade Excellence Awards.
- Microsoft won the Gold Standard Award for public- private partnership.
- The company won Skoch Financial Inclusion Award in 2013.
- For Best CSR Practices and Best Community Development Programme, the company has awarded with ET Now World CSR Awards.