ABB, founded in 1988, is a multinational company. It is a global leader in power and automation technologies. It also works in the robotics areas. Its operations span across 100 countries. ABB is one of the largest corporations in the world and also one of the biggest engineering companies in the world. ABB was born as result of the merger of ASEA (1883) of Sweden and Brown, Boveri & Cie (1891) of Switzerland. It is traded on all the major stock exchanges of the world. The Indian subsidiary of ABB has a market capitalisation that exceeds US$ 4 billion. ABB was ranked 158th in the Forbes Ranking (2013).
Complete Test Series for Wipro
Bag your Dream Job Today
Comprehensive Online Tests
Inclusive Prep for All Placement Exams
Acquire Essential Domain Skills
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) — Ulrich Spiesshofer
- Chairman — Peter Voser
- The logo was designed by Alan Fletcher of Pentagram. It depicts the letters ABB in capitals and red colour.
Number of Employees:
- Won an order worth around $50 million from Bombardier Transportation that will help form the backbone of South Africa’s electric rail fleet.
- Won a contract worth more than $50 million to supply the electrical system for one of the world’s first commercial floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facilities.
- ABB set world record in HVDC Light voltage level.
- ABB commissioned world record voltage circuit breaker installed in India and is the highest alternating current (AC) voltage breaker in the world.
- ABB won $55 million order in UAE to help integrate solar power into the grid.
- 5 ABB power experts received awards at Cigré 2014.
- ABB technology kept the lights on in La Gomera – one of the smallest Canary Islands.
- ABB won $40 million order to strengthen power infrastructure in Sri Lanka.