ABB is a global leader in power and automation technology. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 150,000 people and operates in approximately 100 countries. The firm’s shares are traded on the stock exchanges of Zurich, Stockholm and New York. Today, ABB stands as the largest supplier of industrial motors and drives, the largest provider of generators to the wind industry and the largest supplier of power grids worldwide.
ABB Selection Process
In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
Candidates should go through a three stage selection process to get recruited in ABB:
- Written Exam
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- Applicant should have ME/ M.Tech or BE/B.Tech from any of the approved universities.
- Minimum of 60 percent in Class X, XII and Graduation
||No. Of Questions
||Time (in minutes)
|Aptitude (Verbal + Analytical + Attention to Details)
- Aptitude section consists of verbal analytical and attention to detail section. Verbal Ability section consists of questions from error in sentences, rearrangement, passages and jumbled sentences. Analytical Ability section consists of questions from topics such as coding decoding, puzzles, blood relations, pie charts and tables, syllogism. And attention to detail consists of question like which two are alike.
- Technical section consists of questions from the topics like switchgears, circuit breakers etc. Also it consists of questions based on electrical and electronics, RDBMS, DBA, UNIX and from OS & Networking.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate to tough. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
- The applicants after clearing the written test show their knowledge, communication & co-ordination skills in Group Discussions.
GD sessions include simple questions and industry related topics. You need to think for 5 minutes about the topic and then discuss it. The topics are general and don’t need specific preparation. Nearly 50% of the candidates will be shortlisted here so you have to take chances to express your opinion.
Technical & HR Interview
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.